Sunday, December 2, 2012

Journal #10: Character Created from Personal Place


“Why did you do it, huh?” Charles asked in a psychotic tone as he walked back and forth in front of Bundy, who was strapped to a chair.
The tired and beaten up Bundy, replied in confusion, “What the hell are you talkin’ about man….”
WHA-CHAA!! Charles added blush to Bundy’s already bruised face, although you can’t really see the redness. However, Charles’s face was becoming visibly red as his brain flashes back to that night when he couldn’t recognize his little girl’s face due to the cuts and bruises from falling down the mountain. He could see the image of his dead 6 years old as if it was a picture in retina display.
“Remember the night of March 18, 2002? Remember how you were too fucking drunk to drive?” Charles slapped Bundy on the head and resumed to shouting, “You were a cop for god sake! You should’ve known better! The world was better off when you Negroes were slaves! You’re kind is nothing but a parasite to this great nation, you-”
Before Charles can insult any further, Bundy interrupted, “Look, man I’m sorry for what happened. I’m truly sorry, I know how much I hurt your family.” Bundy weeps, “I wish I can go back in time and change what I did. Trust me man, I am mean it, I am truly sorry….”
In the blink of an eye, he pulls out his Taurus .38, pointing sharply in between Bundy’s eyes.
“Because of you my wife, my high school sweetheart, was in coma for 6 years. My daughter was unrecognizable!!!! If you think your apology is going to save you, then you are sorely mistaken. This is for my wife and daughter….” POWW!

1 comment:

  1. Great work creating a believable character!
    Wonderful details and dialogue.
    10/10

    ReplyDelete